Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Exhibit Opening Went Awesomely Well!

'She Knew Revenge Was Her Only Option'


So, the First Friday reception went perfectly !!!! It was so fun. I absolutely LOVED it. And if you knew me, you'd know that totally goes against my personality - I hate crowds, I don't like the city....and this involved all of those. I sold 6 of my photographs, I heard there was about 1000 people who came through the gallery - it sure seemed like it lol. The mayor of Knoxville was even there. And I got to stand there next to my work and talk about it for 4 hours to anyone who had questions. I had a really good spot, my artwork was the first thing you saw when you walked in the door, it was thrilling. Everyone loved my photography, I was completely flabbergasted by all the attention it got. I think people are used to seeing photos displayed 'as is' in galleries - not distressed or given the effects that I like to give them. That's the only thing I can figure out lol. There are so many amazing photographers on Etsy who do similar things to their photographs so I didn't realize it would be such a novelty out in the real world. The real world of Knoxville, TN that is.

'Save Me a Space'


Either way, it was very validating to me as a photographer. I loved the attention, I loved talking about what I do, I loved watching people enjoy my work. You just don't get that in your online shop . I can't wait to do it again. Totally fun =) =) =).

No comments: